Best Gas Chainsaws
Craftsman 41Ay4216791 S165 42Cc Full Crank 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw-16-Inch Bar And Automatic Chain Oiler, Liberty Red
- High Output Craftsman Engine With 16-Inch Bar & Chain 42Cc Full Crank Craftsman 2 Cycle Engine Provides Greater Power And Less Vibration. Premium 16-Inch Bar And Low-Kickback Chain Cuts Through Even The Toughest Wood Quickly And Easily.
- Lightweight Durable Poly Chassis Easy To Handle Lighter In Weight Without Sacrificing Power. This Polymer Chassis Is Engineered For Reliable Performance And Prolonged Use With Minimal User Fatigue.
- Easystart Technology Designed For Quicker Smoother And Easier Pull Starts. Get Right To Work On Lawn Care Yard Work Wood Slicing And Other Outdoor Projects.
- Adjustable Auto Chain Oiler With Easy View Maintains The Proper Amount Of Lubricant On The Chain And Allows The User To Manually Increase Or Decrease Oil Flow Keeping The Proper Amount Of Lubricant On The Chain.
- Ergonomic Balanced Design 3-Point Anti-Vibration System And A Comfortable Handle Makes This Chainsaw More Balanced Maneuverable And Comfortable To Operate. Maintain Command And Comfortability For Optimal Performance.
Poulan Pro Pr4218, 18 In. 42Cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw, Case Included
- 42Cc 2-Stroke Engine With 18 Bar
- Ideal For Medium-Duty Storm Clean-Up Cutting Firewood And Felling Trees
- Includes Carry Case Extra Chain Built-In Scrench 2-Stroke Oil
- Power Source Type Gas Powered
- Trouble Shooting Steps Scroll Down The Catalog For User Manual
Husqvarna 445 18 Gas Chainsaw, Orange
- Effortless Starting Ensures The Chainsaw Starts Quickly With Minimum Effort.
- Rugged Chainsaw Is Durable And Maneuverable With Excellent Ergonomic Comfort Features
- Automatic Oiler Delivers A Steady Supply Of Chain Lubrication For Safe And Effective Use.
- Husqvarna 18-Inch Chainsaw Is Ideal For Tasks Such As Tree Pruning Yard Cleanups And Firewood Cutting
- Simple Side-Mounted Tensioning System Allows For Quick Adjustments While Working
- Lowvib Anti-Vibration System Reduces Vibration Levels For The Operator
- 2.8-Hp X-Torq Engine Reduces Both Fuel Consumption And Gasoline Emissions
- Air Injection Air Cleaning System Removes Larger Dust And Debris Particles Before Reaching The Air Filter Improving Engine Life.
Best Gas Chainsaws
7 Top Chainsaws – Top Gas, Battery, Corded Electric Chainsaws
Dan Fire and Saw Chainsaws – Which one is your favorite?
There is no better tool than a chainsaw when it comes time for cutting down trees or bucking fallen logs on the ground. A chainsaw can even be lightweighted and used for small branches trimming, pruning, or to use in carpentry projects.
But, when it’s time to buy one, you have to ask yourself, is this the best chainsaw for me?
It all boils down to the way you intend to use it. Your comfort with chainsaws and gas-powered tools generally will also play a role. We’re not here to tell you which chainsaw is best, but it is your decision.
In general, you can divide gas chainsaws into three categories, each one based upon the kind of work that they are best suited to: professional, light and general.
A light-duty gas saw: The small, lightweight tools can be used in many of the same ways as their corded counterparts. They can be used for things like trimming trees and thinning undergrowth.
General purpose gas chainsaws: A bit larger than their light-duty counterparts, these chainsaws can tackle most of the work required in medium to large yards. They can also be used to trim logs or clear storm damaged branches.
Professional chainsaws – These tools are powerful and durable and are able to handle all kinds of jobs, such as cutting trees and trimming branches.
A variety of minor features can make a significant difference when choosing the best gas chainsaw.
Although vibration is normal, chainsaws with better engine mounts can reduce that amount. A spring-mounted handle protects the operator from vibration. Make sure you have enough space to hold the handle of your chainsaw with gloves on.
It is important that the handle at the front include a chain brake. You will never purchase a chainsaw if you don’t have one. The inertia-activated models work automatically when there is a sudden movement. Other manual models stop the chain from moving forward when they are pushed in any direction. You can also look for slip-on chainshields.
A select few gas chainsaws are capable of adjusting their chain using a simple knob mounted on the side. Some chainsaws require the use of a wrench. Changing the chain can be accomplished with a wrench and/or a screwdriver. The automatic chain oiler can be a great bonus.
These are our top picks
Now you are familiar with the basic features. It’s time that you put your learning into action and review the best gas chainssaws.
Photo: Amazon.com. View the most recent price
Craftsman is a solid overall chainsaw. The Craftsman offers high levels of performance, quality and reliability. While it doesn’t excel in any one area, it delivers what most people need.
The 16-inch bar, perhaps the optimum size for the average user, offers a good balance between maneuverability and cutting capacity. The tough, lightweight chassis made of polypropylene is easy to handle and reduces operator fatigue. Even though it is a 2-cycle motor, the 42cc motor, which starts easily, delivers consistent, clean power.
Craftsman includes an inertia activated chain brake and adjustable automatic chain oiler. It also comes with its own bag. The Craftsman is a modestly sized 21.9 pounds.
Three-point vibration dampening
Designed to reduce operator fatigue
EPA & CARB compliant
Chainsaw buying guide
If you are careful and have all the safety information, your chainsaw will be a lifesaver. A powerful tool, a chainsaw can cut through thick brush, remove dangerous limbs or make firewood.
A variety of size options are available for chainsaws. They can range from smaller electric models with cords to larger gas-powered models designed for more heavy duty work. However, don’t think that every gas saw is a winner. Misha Kollontai who is Consumer Reports’ test engineer responsible for electric chainsaws, says: “One big shift we’ve witnessed is the sheer volume of battery powered electric saws available on the market and the improvements made in their performance.” The best electric saws cut just as well, sometimes even better, than the light-duty gas-powered models we have seen.” Larger saws that feature a longer cutting bar (the metal arm driving the cutting chain), tend to cost more than small models with smaller limbs. But bigger isn’t always better a larger saw can tackle bigger tasks, but it’s also tougher to control.
We delve into the pros and cons of each type, below, but first, it’s important to understand how Consumer Reports tests chainsaws, in order to understand what sets these tools apart.
These are the Top Gas Chainsaws That Are Worth Your Money (Top Gas Powered Chainsaw Recommendations)
Looking to buy a gas chainsaw for 2021?
Not sure where to start?
This is the page for you.
This guide will show you how I can help you find the right gas chainsaw to fit your needs and budget.
There are many gas-powered chainsaws on the market. But once you read this page you will be able to identify the right one for you.
First we’ll discuss the many advantages gas chainsaws offer over other models (electrical or battery-powered), followed by the key features to look out for and finally a list with some of the most popular gas chainsaws that can be purchased today.
These machines will also be explained to you so you are able to answer any questions.
7 Best Chainsaws Reviewed: Top Gas, Battery, And Corded Electric Chainsaws“>Best Gas Chainsaws Reviewed In This Guide
This quick chart shows the top-rated gas chainsaws. I’ll go in depth about each one later in the gas chainsaw reviews section, but this gives you a sense of what’s available and a simple way to quickly compare them.
Image chainsaw details Price Tanaka TC33EDTP Chainsaw
Pro Version top handle chainsaw
12-inch bar and chain Check Price Remington RM4214 Chainsaw
Automatic (Adjustable Flow) Oiler
14-inch bar and chain Check Price Remington RM4216 Chainsaw
Best Gas Chainsaw Reviews
1. Husqvarna Gas Chainsaw Husqvarna is one of the oldest and the most popular gas-powered chainsaw brands in the market. This brand sells lawn equipment such as mowers, leaf blowers and trimmers.
Husqvarna’s gas chainsaw uses a 24 inches blade powered by a 60.3cc gas engine. It offers a maximum power speed of 9,000 rpm. It is the strongest chainsaw on the list with the longest blade. This combination of power and blade length allows you to cut entire trees and logs within minutes.
It features a 2-cycle engine that has a chain brake, activated via inertia. When there is a pushback or you can not control the chainsaw, the blade will automatically stop rotating. You will be able to finish all of your cutting jobs with enough fuel. The tank holds 0.7 US gallons.
A chainsaw has an automated chain oiler delivery system. It is unnecessary to oil the saw or chain. The chainsaw will take care of this and supply oil to the saw and chain to prevent components failure.
To make it easier to change the settings, the chain can be mounted on its side. The air filter can also be easily cleaned or changed.
You get a three-year warranty on the chainsaw from the date you purchase it.
24 inches blade – This is the biggest item in our catalog.
The 13 Best Gas Chainsaws (Review), 2021
Here are some tips to help you buy your chainsaw.
You can use a chainsaw for a variety of garden activities. From small-scale pruning and trimming to cutting wood or felling trees, a chainsaw is able to do it all. Either you’re an experienced gardener or a novice who only needs to cut down some shrubbery, the chainsaw will work for you.
We will be focusing on gas models here. But if you still have questions about whether a gas model would suit you best, take a look to our article best electric chainssaws. Both reviews will help you decide on the right chainsaw for your needs.
Remington Full Crank 14” Gas Powered Chainsaw
42cc 2-cycle full crank engine
Premium 14-inch bar and chain Lightweight, durable poly chassis Light in weight (13.4lbs) Quickstart technology Adjustable auto chain oiler 3-point anti-vibration system Ergonomically-designed handle Check Latest Price Remington Full Crank 2-Cycle 14” Gas Powered Chainsaw Check Latest Price Our best choice is a Remington 2-Cycle 14 Inch Gas Chainsaw , which can quickly fulfill the needs of most home gardeners. This model is suitable for trimming small branches or felling trees. You can use this model even if it is your first time using a gas saw.
This durable chassis is made of poly and provides power and durability in an easily-handled model.
Quickstart technology Automatic oiler Automatic chain tension adjustment Tool-less access Occasional leaking of oil when stored In terms of maintenance, this chainsaw requires very minimal effort. The auto chain oiler function, with a viewing window, will keep the chain perfectly lubricated for you, and the automatic chain tensioner system will make chain adjustments as you work. The toolless approach makes it easy to replace spark plugs and filters.
Some people have complained that the oil can leak in the storage area, but it’s an efficient and reliable saw.
CRAFTSMAN 2 Cycle 16” Petro Chainsaw with Hydro Chain Oiler
Best Chainsaws of 2021: Stihl Chainsaws to Makita Chainsaws
(Image credit: iStock /Getty). Here’s where you will find the top-rated chainsaws. You can choose your tree cutting buddy to display in your garden. These chainsaws will cut through the most difficult trees with ease.
The guide covers everything you need to know about buying a new chainsaw, from safety features and pricing to size and power. This guide includes all top brands including Husqvarna (Makita), STIHL, Makita.
You can use these for everything, from safety buttons and brakes to hold down the chainsaw. A battery-powered electric model might be enough for your needs. Or perhaps you want more power and a corded or gas model is more suited to your needs. There’s something for everybody here.
This is the list of 5 top gas chainsaws
1. Remington RM4214 Rebel Gas Chainsaw – Best Overall Price Remington Rebel RM4214 is our top choice for gas-powered chainsaws. The chainsaw is perfectly balanced and starts quickly. It also has surprisingly high vibration dampening. You won’t be able to feel it as powerful as it really is. But, if you hold it, it will not seem as heavy as you think.
A Remington Rebel comes with a 42cc, two-cycle engine, and a 14″ bar. It may not sound like much, but the Rebel is an extremely compact chainsaw. The Rebel’s compact size can be both an advantage and disadvantage. It is easier to transport, fits into tight spaces and allows for cutting at angles that are not possible with other chainsaws. However, larger limbs and trunks can be cut more slowly.
We also like the Rebel’s automatic chain oiler as well as its tool-free access panels for maintenance. In our tests, it sawed quickly through tougher woods.
We believe that it is the most powerful gas-powered chainsaw we have ever seen.
Maximum power in cutting all wood
What Is The Highest Rated Gas Chainsaw?
- Remington RM4214 Rebel Gas Chainsa
- Best Overall. Check Latest Price. … Husqvarna 455 Rancher Gas Chainsa
- Premium Choice. See the Latest Prices. Poulan Pro 20â€” Gas-Powered chains
- Best Value Check Latest Price. … Blue Max 8901 Gas Chainsaw. The most current price. … Poulan P3314 Gas Chainsaw.Oct 28, 202
Which chainsaw is the most reliable?
- Echo CS-310-14: Best quick-to-use chainsaw.
- Husqvarna Rancher 460: The best chainsaw with safety features
- WORX Cordless JawSaws WG320: Ideal for beginners.
- Remington RM4216 Rebel : The best chainsaw for comfort.
- WORX WG304.
- Poulan Pro PR5020 is the best value chainsaw.