Best Smart Light Bulbs
Sengled Smart Bulb, Wifi Light Bulbs, Color Changing Light Bulb, Smart Light Bulbs That Work With Alexa & Google Assistant, A19 Rgb Alexa Light Bulb No Hub Required, 60W Equivalent 800Lm Cri>90, 4Pack
- Voice Control Color Changing Wifi Classic Smart Bulbs That Work With Alexa And Google Home. Control Your Smart Light Bulb Via Voice Commands To Turn Your Smart Bulbs On/Off Create Colorful Mood Scenes Adjust Brightness And More E.G. Switch On The Alexa Light Bulbs Before Getting Out Of Bed Dim The Smart Lights From The Couch To Watch A Movie.
- Schedule Feature Designed With 16 Million Colors And Tunable White (Amber To Cool White From 2000K To 6500K) With High Cri>90. Easily Setup Via Using Sengled Home App (Ios And Android) Turn Smart Light Bulb On/Off Dim Smart Bulb To The Desired Level And Set Up Schedules From Anywhere. Program Timers And Routines To Automate Your Entire Smart Home Lighting Setup. Control Your Smart Light Bulbs While Away From Home.
- Remote Control Enhance Your Smart Home With Smart Wifi Bulb Color Changing Lights Controlled Remotely Wherever You Are. Set Timers And Light Schedules Automating Your Smart Lights To Make It Seem Like Someone Is Home Even When You Are Away. You Can Also Create A Group For All Of Your Alexa Light Bulbs And Easily Group Control Your Smart Light Bulbs With Alexa Devices Or Google Assistant Players.
- Wake Up & Sleep Mode Easily Setup Via Using Sengled Home App (Ios And Android). Schedule Your Smart Lights To Slowly Light Up. Starting At The Set Time The Smart Bulbs Will Slowly Brighten Throughout The Timespan You Set. Your Lights Will Slowly Get Brighter In The Morning. And You Can Also Schedule Your Lights To Simulate A Sunset So That You Can Fall Asleep More Naturally Every Evening. Your Bulbs Will Slowly Dim Over The Timespan You Set.
- No Hub Required Connect To Your Homes Secure 2.4Ghz Wifi Network Directly (Not Support 5Ghz); No Need For A Smart Hub Or Extra Equipment. All You Need Is Your Smartphone The Sengled Home App And A 2.4Ghz Wifi Router To Start Controlling Your Smart Lights From Anywhere. 3-Year Warranty. Live Customer Service Based In The U.S.
Sengled’s Voice Control LED Smart Bulbs are the perfect addition to any smart home. With 16 million colors and tunable white, these color changing light bulbs can be controlled with just your voice. Simply speak to Alexa or Google Home to turn your smart bulbs on/off, create colorful mood scenes, adjust brightness and more. These WiFi light bulbs can be controlled by voice commands with Alexa and Google Home, or through the Sengled Home App. You can choose from 16 million colors and tunable white (Amber to Cool White), all with a HIGH CRI>90. Plus, you can even schedule your smart bulb to turn on/off or dim at certain times!
Philips Hue White And Color Ambiance A19 E26 Led Smart Bulb, Bluetooth & Zigbee Compatible (Hue Hub Optional), Works With Alexa & Google Assistant – A Certified For Humans Device (562785),3 Pack
- Simple To Get Started; Set The Mood With 16 Million Colors. Control Your Philips Hue Smart Lights All With Just The Touch Of A Button On Your Mobile Device Or Your Favorite Voice Assistant. Add Up To 10 Hue Bluetooth/Zigbee Smart Bulbs With The (Free) Hue Bluetooth App. When Ready To Connect A Voice Assistant Just Go To Settings > Add Voice Assistant In The Hue App.
- Certified For Humans Struggle-Free Tinker-Free Stress-Free. No Patience Needed—They’Re Actually Simple.
- Lifetime 22 Years Or 25000 Lifetime Hours (Based On Industry Average Usage) Energy Star Certified
- Previous Hue Customers; This Smart Light While Bluetooth Compatible Will Continue To Work With Your Hue Hub And Can Be Seamlessly Integrated Into Your Current Hue Ecosystem. With The Hue Hub You Can Control Up To 50 Smart Lights Throughout Your Home (Even Outdoor). Create Timers And Routines To Automate Your Entire Smart Home Lighting Setup. Control Your Lights While Away From Home Or Add Accessories Such As Motion Sensors And Smart Switches To Further Enhance Your Experience.
- Set The Right Mood Style Up Your Home Decor With Color Accents Or Set Up Fun Light Colors For Your Next Party. Support Your Day With Pre-Set Light Recipes To Get You Energized In The Morning And Wind You Down After A Long Day.
- The White Ambiance Range Offers 50000 Shades Of Warm White Light And Cool Daylight As Well As Instant Wireless Dimming.
The Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance A19E26 LED Smart Bulb is the perfect way to set the mood in any room. You can also control your Philips Hue Smart Lights all with just the touch of a button on your mobile device or your favorite voice assistant. Add up to 10 Hue Bluetooth/Zigbee smart bulbs with the (free) Hue Bluetooth app. When ready to connect a voice assistant, just go to Settings > Add voice assistant in the Hue App. The Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance A19E26 LED Smart Bulb is certified for humans: Struggle-free, tinker-free, stress-free. Look no further than the Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance A19 E26 LED Smart Bulb. With 16 million colors to choose from, you can create any mood you want. Plus, the intuitive Hue app makes it easy to control your lights with just a touch of a button or with your favorite voice assistant. The Hue Bluetooth app lets you control up to 10 Hue Bluetooth/Zigbee smart bulbs. Transform your home today with the Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance A19 E26 LED Smart Bulb.
Sengled Alexa Light Bulb, Smart Flood Light Bulbs, Bluetooth Mesh Color Changing Br30 Smart Light Bulb Rgbw 650Lm, Smart Bulbs That Work With Alexa Only , 65W E26 Recessed, No Hub Required, 4 Pack
- Energy-Saving Smart Flood Light Bulb Noticesengled Bluetooth Smart Bulb That Work With Alexa Only! “Rgbw Is Brighter Than Rgb Has Better Light Transmittance And Lower Power Consumption The Same Power Consumption Can Attain Higher Brightness.Sengled Alexa Light Bulbs Can Freely Adjust The Color Temperature 2000K-6500K Bringing You A Feeling From Warm To Cool Colors.
- Voice Control With Alexa- Sengled Br30 Color Changing Light Bulb Provides Up To 65W Equivalent Power To Meet Most Of Your Life Scenarios Such As Indoors Bedrooms Living Rooms Kitchens Corridors Etc. Use Hands-Free Voice Control To Turn On Off Or Adjust The Brightness Of The Alexa Light Bulb.
- Get Started In Seconds Ultra-Simple Plug-N-Play Setup. Simply Twist In The Sengled Br30 Smart Light Bulb And Start Enjoying With Alexa Smart Devices In Seconds (Automatic Linking To Alexa Account Required).
- Smart Sengled Home. Control The Bulb Via The Sengled Bluetooth App (Ios And Android) To Manage The Smart Light Including Adjusting Brightness. Note The Effective Distance For A Single Bluetooth Connection Is 10 Meters. Beyond This Range Direct Connection To The App Will Not Be Possible.
- Quality Workmanship Sengled Br30 Bluetooth Light Bulb Offers Ample Brightness (650 Lumens) And Brings Out The Truth Vibrant Colors (Cri90+). Sengled Smart Flood Light Bulbs Save 85% Energy Compared To Incandescent Lighting. 3-Year Warranty Live Customer Service Based In The U.S.
Looking for a smart and energy-saving way to light up your home? Look no further than the Sengled Alexa Light Bulb. This Bluetooth enabled bulb can be adjusted to any color temperate you desire, and can be controlled hands-free with the help of Amazon’s Alexa voice assistant. Whether you’re looking to set the mood for a romantic dinner or want some extra lighting for a reading nook, these bulbs are perfect for any scenario. Sengled’s Alexa-enabled light bulbs are just what you need! These energy-saving bulbs can be controlled with your voice, allowing you to easily adjust the color temperature and brightness to create the perfect atmosphere for any occasion.
Best Smart Light Bulbs
(Image credit to Future) Smart light bulbs must provide optimal illumination and brightness, as well as easy pairing with popular smart home system. In fact, if you really want to level-up on your lighting game, you’ll need a top quality smart bulb that is easy to use, install and also intuitive. In addition, the best smart light bulbs will save you money on energy bills, as they use LEDs rather than the more costly incandescent and halogen light bulbs, which we touch on in our light bulb guide . It is important to look at the specifics of each smart light bulb before you make a purchase.
What’s more, smart light bulbs can be included in your smart home lifestyle, and can connect with your other best smart home devices such as your home security system. The smart lock can turn on your lights automatically when someone attempts to open it. This means that even though no one is home your house will still be lit. We’ve put together a list of the top smart lights for your home.
Philips Hue bulbs: An explanation of their functions and costs. The best video doorbells. You can find smart light bulbs in all shapes and sizes. New brands are often introduced. So what type of smart light bulb will suit your home and lifestyle? The following smart light bulb selections have been tried and tested by us. They can also be connected to a home network. Use your smartphone, tablet or other smart device to manage and control mood lighting. There are voice assistants available, like Alexa Google Assistant. Check out our top smart light bulb guide to learn more.
Here are some reasons to avoid
Lifx Mini Smart Light Bulbs are smaller and more efficient than any other smart lights. Lifx works with Alexa and Google Assistant, as well as HomeKit. It also has great features such a candle flickering and strobes, which can be synced up to music and other nearby sounds.
Lifx bulbs can also be connected directly to Wi Fi, meaning that no hub is required. Lifx Minis are more expensive. You can select from three Mini Whites ($18) or Mini Day and Dusk ($28), which allows you to control the color temperature. The Mini Color ($37) lets you pick from over 16 million colors. Lifx makes excellent full-sized smart bulbs and the neat Lifx Candle Color , too, if that’s what you’re looking for.
Read our full Lifx Mini review.
Here’s How We Test Smart Light Bulbs
The best smart bulbs are tested on several criteria including brightness, value, ease-of-setup and a library of features. Most bulbs were compared against Philips Hue bulbs. These are more expensive, but they offer all the smart bulb features you would want. Although some smart bulbs are affordable, they may not have the full range of features we expect. We only recommend those that do.
We are very particular about testing smart home compatibility. Most of these bulbs are compatible with the most popular smart-home systems. Your light bulbs shouldn’t be tied to a particular smart assistant. There are many that will work with IFTTT, Siri, Google Assistant and Alexa.
Each of the brands tested are reliable and we feel confident adding them to our personal home networks. You should be cautious about buying smart bulbs that are made by untested manufacturers.
Best smart speakers to get now Check out the best Alexa skills … and the best Google Assistant skills Smart Home
It’s the best affordable smart light bulb. Although it doesn’t have any special effects, the bulb offers excellent color and basic functions such as remote control and scheduling and timers.
Amazon: $14 (pack of 2); $27 (pack 4); $48 at Walmart (pack 4); Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. The Wyze Bulb Color offers 1,100 lumens (the equivalent of 75-watt bulbs), connects to your Wi-Fi, and it is among the most brightest we have tested. Most bulbs only emit 800 lumens. It has a bright light but is affordable and simple to use. Its timers and scheduling perform reliably, as do neat features such as the ability to mimic sunrise and sunset light, Vacation Mode, and Power Loss Recovery, which lets you customize what settings your bulb will have after it turns on again following a power outage.
Amazon $201* $130 Best Buy
Compatible with IFTTT and SmartThings Philips Hub White smart lighting bulbs. They create colorful, vibrant Scenes, which you can then control via Bluetooth or your smartphone. But the true magic is when you attach a Hue hub to your device (or an Amazon Echo that has a Zigbee Wi-Fi hub). This allows you remote control the lights, to schedule the lighting, and even integrate with the Hue accessory family and the major smart-home platforms. Zigbee connects to your WiFi separately, creating a network of devices that is stronger than traditional wireless systems. Our Hue bulbs tend to be more expensive than other choices. Therefore, we recommend our White and Color Ambiance A19 starter kit which comes with three bulbs and an Hue hub.
Smart Bulb in White: Best Value
Wyze Bulb It turns out that the most affordable smart bulb can also be one of the top smart lights. Wyze Labs from Seattle is offering the Wyze Bulb for just $8. Plus shipping. Wi-Fi radios have been integrated into the light bulbs so that you don’t require any hub hardware to make them work. Connect them, screw them in, power them up, then enjoy the light-emitting glow of an ultra-low cost smart light.
These bulbs are not only extremely cheap but also very good quality. You have a range of white-light colors to choose from, starting at a warm candle-like 2,700K up to warmer whiters that reach 6,000K. It will be difficult to find a smart bulb capable of doing that at a price less than $20. Or even $10. Additionally, the Wyze bulbs were some of my brightest, with a brightness range of between 880 and 921 lumens depending upon what temperature you have them set.
The only real downside: The Wyze app offers lighting timers and a vacation mode, but the app shortcuts feature that you use to schedule lighting changes at specific times feels a little limited. You can still schedule lighting changes via an Alexa, Google Assistant or IFTTT routine.
Best Smart Br30 Floodlight
The Philips Hue white Floodlight LED That includes a pretty significant new addition from Philips Hue, which recently released a floodlight version of the popular Hue White smart LED bulb described above.
Philips Hue White floodlights are just as appealing to me, for the same reason that regular size bulbs.
The smart LED smart bulbs are efficient, cost-effective and compatible with almost everything. Like the rest of Hue’s new bulbs , the new floodlight uses both Bluetooth and Zigbee, so you can skip the Hue Bridge and just pair directly with your smartphone or with Amazon Alexa or Google if that’s all you want. The single LED bulb can be purchased at $20 or two for $35 from Best Buy.
Best color-changing smart bulb
Lifx MiniLED (Updated: Unavailable). If you want to bring a bright pop of color into your home’s lighting system, Lifx is the right choice. The brand sells a variety of bulbs and smart lights that all put out bright, great-looking colors, all of which can connect with Alexa, Siri or Google Assistant with absolutely no need for a hub.
The Lifx Mini costs $35 per bulb, which is quite a lot compared to some of the more affordable smart bulbs that we have seen recently. However, it remains the most cost-effective option for bright and vivid colors. The Mini brand is misleading. It’s brighter than Philips Hues color-changing bulbs. And the colors are true and vibrant, far better than any other competitors we have tested. It’s a great app with lots of extras, such as animated effects, a scheduler, and programmable day and night.
TechRadar image credit. The smartest light allows you to make your home warm and inviting with just a few clicks of your phone. You can control how bright or dim your light and change its color.
There are many styles available for smart light bulbs. Smart light bulbs can be replaced with your incandescent bulbs and are therefore the most economical and simple to install. But smart lighting comes in many forms. These include ceiling and floor lamps as well light strips and tubes that can attach to your walls.
You can control smart lighting with your smart speaker smart display using voice commands. They will also integrate with other smart home devices to automate your property; for example, they can be set to illuminate at the same time as the smart thermostat raises the temperature a few degrees and appliances connected to smart plugs and switches spring into life, creating the perfect ambiance for a relaxing evening.
Smart lighting can be an effective tool for saving money and energy. Smart lights use less electricity than traditional incandescent bulbs. LED smart lighting models are more efficient. Even better, while some smart light bulbs use Bluetooth so they can only be controlled when you’re nearby, many smart lighting options feature Wi-Fi so they can be switched on or off no matter where you are. The lights will automatically turn off when you leave the house, so you don’t have to worry about them being on until you return.
Smart lights are available in a wide range of brands, including well-known names like Philips and LIFX. There is also a wider selection with affordable options such as Eufy or TP Link. These choices can leave you confused as to which brand you should go with. To help you decide we’ve put an array of designs to the test to ensure you’re switched on to just which is the best smart light for 2022.
What to Avoid
TP-Link may be a brand best well-known for networking products such as the best wireless routers best powerline adapters , but it also does an affordable range of smart home devices including smart bulbs.
There are many brands available that offer color and white bulbs. We reviewed the model here. Smart filament-style bulbs can be used to create vintage look, while maintaining smart home functionality.
Easy to install and simple to use, the TP-Link Kasa Filament Smart Bulb offers Amazon Alexa and Google integration too, although there’s no HomeKit support.
TP-Link Kasa Fillament Smart Bulb 6. Hive Active Lamp
How do Smart Light Bulbs work?
Smart lights, like the top smart home devices use wireless technology to link to your smartphone. You can then control the bulb using an app.
Bluetooth allows smart bulbs to be connected to your phone via Bluetooth. But, smart lighting cannot work in different rooms or farther away because Bluetooth works only point-to-point.
If you want to control your smart lights when you’re away from home, look for bulbs that either have a hub, such as Philips Hue, or use a cloud service – for example, LIFX – that can relay commands from your smartphone to the cloud and back to the smart light, if you’re not connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Additional information is available in the article How Smart Lights Work.
Best Smart Bulb for Home Without A Hub
While most smart bulbs require a hub to be used, the GE Cync Full Colour A19 LED Smart Lighting Bulbs don’t. These bulbs connect directly to your Wi-Fi network without the need for an additional hub. Once the bulb is taken out of its box, it can be connected to the Cync App and your Wi-Fi network. The light will automatically turn on and you’ll have control from any location. Plus, if your Wi-Fi sometimes misbehaves, it can connect via Bluetooth too.
The GE Cync Full Color a19 LED Smart Light Bulbs offer a total smart light experience. A wide variety of colors are available, with the option to customize your white base. These bulbs can run on a timer, set custom scenes and be controlled via voice through Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa. Best of all, these bulbs are super affordable with two-pack costing under $25. These bulbs can be a wonderful option if your first venture into smart home and you are just beginning to explore the possibilities.
These are the 8 best smart light bulbs of 2022
Our editors test, research, and then recommend only the most effective products. Find out more about our. Our chosen links might earn us commissions.
You can enhance your space by adding smart lighting to it. They are easy to control via smartphone, tablet, or hub. Smart bulbs are easy to install and manage, but choosing the right bulb for you can prove challenging.
Here are our top picks for smart light bulbs. We rounded up several high-quality bulbs in a variety of styles with a broad range of features.
The best smart lights for your home are here.
Amazon’s top-rated Philips Hue LED smart bulb
Sengled Smart Light Bulb Starter Kit at Amazon
This pack includes either two or four bulbs. It also comes with a SengledSmart Hub that can house up to 64 lightbulbs.
EcoSmart Smart Bulb from Home Depot
These efficient light bulbs require only nine Watts of power to provide 800 lumens. That’s the same as the standard 60-watt bulb.
These are the
Nanoleaf“>Best Smart Light Bulbs That You Can Purchase in 2021
This smart light collection is a great way to improve the ambience of your house and reduce energy consumption.
What is the best way to make your home feel connected? Switch to smart lighting. You can do that by installing smart switches or if you want to avoid actual wiring smart light bulbs. Smart light bulbs can be installed in standard lamps and wall fixtures. They are easy to install, simple to use, and very easy to control via an app, voice-enabled smart homes devices, or through a smartphone. They are still slightly more expensive than incandescent bulb, but they will last much longer. LED smart bulbs can also be up to 90% energy-efficient, saving you money.
Good Housekeeping Institute’s tech experts test smart plugs as well as video doorbells. Our engineers have spent thousands of hours over the past few years testing integrated smart technology and LED lights. Our engineers looked at factors such as performance, installation ease, useability, compatibility, light output and function of smart features, like dimming, timers and colors. Our experts have conducted extensive testing on newer models and also listened to real users. These factors helped us determine the winner. These are our top choices for smart bulbs in 2021:
Best Overall Smart Light Bulb:
Lowest Price Smart Light Bulb
The Best Smart Bulb To Monitor Energy:
Smart Bulb with the Best Setup Speed: