What are the Top Primers for Oily Skin?
With these formulas, you can make your skin flawless for hours.
Harper’s Bazaar For oily skin, a primer is essential for flawless make-up. This Best Primer For Oily Skin will prevent your foundation from slipping and keep your skin smoother for longer.
Not only will good mattifying primer tackle areas of high shine, but it’ll temper the appearance of fine lines and pores too, resulting in a smooth, unified complexion that doesn’t feel tight or become patchy.
Nyx Professional Makeup Studio Perfect Primer, Vegan Face Primer – Clear
- Studio Perfect Primer Prep Your Complexion For Perfection Using Our Clear Studio Perfect Primer; This Silky Formula Creates A Smooth Matte Surface For Foundation And Prolongs The Wear Of Your Makeup; Also Available In Color Correcting Lavender And Green
- Smooth And Easy Application Create A Smooth Matte Finish Before Makeup Application With This Easy To Apply Primer; Also Available In Color Correcting Lavender And Green Shades To Address A Variety Of Skin Concerns
- Face From Foundation To Finish Complete Your Makeup Look With Our Full Line Of Nyx Professional Makeup Face Products To Aid In Color Correction And Coverage From Blush Bronzer Foundations And Contouring Concealer To Palettes And Powders
- Cruelty-Free Cosmetics We Believe Animals Belong In Our Arms Not In A Lab; All Of Our Makeup Is Certified And Acknowledged By Peta As A Cruelty-Free Brand; We Don’t Test Any Of Our Products On Animals
Rimmel, Stay Matte Primer and Stay Matte Setting Spray 3.4 Fl Oz (Pack of 1)
Rimmel London Stay Matte Multi Use Transparent Setting Spray 2-in-1 is a 2-in-1 primer and setting spray hybrid that locks your makeup look in place all day. This lightweight, non greasy formula can be applied underneath or over your makeup to keep it looking fresh for up to 12 hours. The London Look: Complete Your Look with Rimmel London Stay Matte Multi Use Transparent Setting Spray 2-in-1 Rimmel London Stay Matte Primer and Setting Spray is a 2-in-1 primer and setting spray hybrid that locks your makeup look in place all day. The lightweight, oil-free formula can be applied underneath or over your makeup to ensure it stays put for up to 16 hours. How To Use: Shake well before use. Do not spray directly onto delicate fabrics as overspray will damage them.
- 2-In-1 Primer And Setting Spray Hybrid
- All Day Staying Power Locks Your Makeup Look
- The Possibilities Can Be Applied Underneath
NYX Professional Makeup Pore Filler Primer, Makeup Primer Base, Blurring Effect for Minimised Pores & Even Complexion, Lightweight Silicone Blend, Vegan Formula, 20 ml
NYX Professional Makeup Pore Filler Prime is a lightweight, translucent blurring primer with renovated multi-silicone blend formula. Apply to areas that have large pores and need smoothing to create ideal canvas for makeup. Smooths skin’s texture, fills pores without enlarging them, minimising their appearance. Ideal for oily skin types. Creates a soft cushion between skin and makeup. Pore Filler is a unique primer that fills in the appearance of pores and fine lines while providing a smooth surface for makeup application. It instantly blurs imperfections, creating a soft cushion between skin and makeup to enhance wearability up to 12 hours. The formula contains multi-silicone technology that creates an instant pore-diffusing effect, filling in the look of pores and fine lines. This lightweight formula creates a translucent base that minimizes the appearance of pores without drying or settling into fine lines. Pore Filler is suitable for all skin types and tones,
- Lightweight Translucent
- Instant Effect
Formulas with heavy use of the matte
The majority of the oil-controlling primes in our A list have a dual purpose: to balance oil, and also promote natural skin texture. There are a few products which can achieve a matte finish, but you may prefer a more natural look.
Continue scrolling for the top primers to oily skin.
Sephora’s Best Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
The lightweight pick glides on effortlessly and stays in place all day.
Although Maybelline’s primer is a good option for budget-minded customers, it doesn’t feel as effective as some of its more expensive counterparts.
This long-lasting pick can even be worn through an evening run.
Nars primer removes any extra sebum and leaves a matte finish.
Top Primers for Oily Skin to Mattify Shine
Make your skin look shine-free and flawless.
Images courtesy of Brands There is a big difference between glowing skin and oily skin.
Oily skin often creates a constant battle to keep your makeup from melting off, exacerbated in hot weather and humidity. Here’s how to fix it:
“Making makeup lasts longer than primers for paint is possible by applying makeup primers after using skincare products, before foundation and prior to makeup,” Vincent Oquendo, makeup artist. This cosmetic formulation uses silicones to “spackle” or temporarily fill in textural imperfections such as wrinkles and pores. Specially formulated makeup primers for oily skin contain “absorbent particulates” that absorb oils and give the skin a powdery texture. Good Housekeeping Institute Beauty Lab Birnur aral, Ph.D., says these ingredients are good for keeping skin shiny and free from oil.
The GH Beauty Lab’s history includes testing cosmetic primers to assess their effectiveness in reducing pore size and ease of application. In the most recent primer test, consumers of a variety of skin types, including oily, evaluated them for ease of use, performance and overall satisfaction. Below, we’ve rounded up the best primers mattifying primers for oily skin based on GH Beauty Lab testing, editor favorites and top-reviewed picks, including drugstore buys:
Best Primers For Oily Skin
Top oily-skin primers are listed below.
- Lotus Makeup Ecostay insta Smooth Perfecting Primer is a gel-based, weightless primer that’s herbal-based. It helps you keep your makeup put on for at least 4-5 hours. It improves skin texture and helps to reduce pores and the appearances of scarring. It’s also non-comedogenic, with the gel being ideal for those with sensitive skin.
- Miss Claire Studio Perfect Pro Makeup Primer Anti Redness. This primer helps conceal blemishes as well as dark spots and wrinkles. It also neutralizes any existing redness.
- Maybelline New York’s Face Studio Master Blur Primer Primer, Smooth white This cream-based primer works great for both oily and combination skin. This cream-based primer softens and smoothes the skin. This product has received an allergy test approval stamp.
- Faces Ultime Pro Perfecting Primer This primer by Faces is a smooth formula which makes it easy to apply. The the lightweight texture means you do not feel it on your skin once applied. The primer is smooth when it’s applied but matte once the product has dried. You get a great even complexion because the primer is lightly tinted.
- Blue Heaven Studio Perfection Primer, Clear This super affordable primer from Blue Heaven is a crowd favourite, when it comes to a budget option. Amazon has given it 4/5 stars. This is a great primer to use if you want to keep your makeup on place and not spend too much.
Best Primers For Oily Skin That Erase Pores
When you’re always running from place to place, the best beauty routine is one thing: quick. There’s a small trick that you can add to your beauty routine if you have very oily or large pores. Primer is lightweight powder or liquid product. This can be applied right after your moisturizer. The benefits of primer are great, according to Annie Tevelin (makeup artist, founder of SkinOwl). Samantha Welch, a Massachusetts esthetician and makeup artist, said that primer prevents excess oil from causing makeup to slide, crease, or break down. This primer can also be used to reduce texture imperfections and improve other imperfections, like large pores or fine lines.
There are many primers on the market, but not all primers will work for you. If you have oily skin, look for keywords like lightweight, oil-free, mattifying, and oil control when shopping, says Welch. Also, you should stay away from products that are rich in oils or shea butter. This can lead to excessive oil and can clog your pores. For best results, prepare the skin first before applying any primer. Welch stated that oily skin will tend to look thicker and more dull due to slower cell turnover. Welch recommends using an AHA/BHA clay face mask or good clay cleanser once a week. After removing excess oil, apply a moisturizer that is light and hydrating, then set the powder. Is your skin ready for this? You’re ready?
Have oily skin? Get a shine-free look with these matte primers
You deserve to shine bright like a diamond , but if you have oily skin, you may not want your complexion taking the spotlight . A good primer is your new friend, your foundation’s best antecedent. Primers have always been controversial. Today, however, there are many positive aspects to primers. These benefits include the ability to reduce the appearance fine lines and wrinkles, create a smooth foundation for makeup application and even out skin tone. They also make pores smaller and give the skin a youthful glow.
For your makeup to adhere to, a good primer will make it mattify. It will keep your makeup looking great even on the hottest summer days. The oil and shine of your makeup will be significantly diminished so you don’t need to reach for the setting powder or blotting paper throughout the day.
✅ Nykaa Prep Me Up!
✅ Lakme Absoluteblur Perfect Makeup Primer
✅ Maybelline New York Face Studio Master Redness Control Primer
✅ L’Oreal Paris Base Magique Transforming Primer
✅ Swiss Beauty’s Real Make-Up Base Highlighting Primer.